Sunday, April 19, 2020

Alana's Nursery Journey & Updates

We have three rooms in our home and decided to have our second (largest) bedroom to be our daughter's room. Master bedroom is ours and third room (smallest room in the house) to be our (walk-in) closet and bilik solat.

My nesting started back in my second trimester of pregnancy. Before the painting and drilling works began, we hired a contractor to do our flooring. From tiles to vinyl flooring, it makes so much different to our spaces. We updated our flooring in all of our rooms and also in the hallway. It took a month for the contractor to prepare materials to be sent and installed into our home, which it should be done within two weeks, but we were busy with other contractors as well, so we asked the flooring guys to start later. Loving the dark colour of the vinyl, it pops out with the bright/white/light grey colour of the wall also with black detailings e.g.: curtain railings, blinds, frames, etc.

Then we continued with drilling works; installing railings, racks, frames by our contractor. Then painting job. We painted light grey for the wall & the same grey shade polka dots for the feature wall. I have been wanting a grey and white nursery room for my baby and now that I am having my own child, I got the chance to do it my own. I don’t want a pink room for a girl or blue for a boy, I love “gender-neutral” colours so that I can have the room for either boys or girls. I love to do DIY mini-project myself. Funny thing, I actually used my recently-finished white pepper bottle cap to do the dots. I just stamped it all over the wall with a grey paint & I’m loving the whole look of the room. YAY!

Once the painted wall dried, we began to install the furnitures. Most of them are from Ikea & Spotlight. We installed those items within a day and onto arranging Alana's essential! Diapers, creams & lotions, booties & mittens, hats, onesies, pants & tops, wet wipes, cotton pads & buds, changing mat and waterproof mat, swaddles, burp cloths, towels. To keep all these in order, drawer inserts (SKUBB box) from Ikea are the best. It comes in two different colours, black / white, to put all tiny items in the drawer.

From doing drilling works, installing vinyl flooring, painting walls, building Ikea furnitures, it took us approximately a month plus to finish it up. At this point, we haven't bought a cot for Alana yet, and I shall update a new post soon for a baby nursery must-haves! I am currently staying at my parents', so most of Alana's stuff were sent here instead of our home. I will post up a finished look for Alana's room once items are all ready!


Before the painting work starts.




  
Installing drawers.

One drawer done, one more drawer to go.


Ikea SKUBB drawer inserts are TDF!


Lots of love,
Malina x

No comments:

Post a Comment