Tuesday, June 23, 2015

It's Daddy's Day!



I have always been a Daddy’s girl because he is the first love of my life. He has dedicated every minute since I was born to being my protector, my friend, my guide, my toughest critic and my coach.

He helped me become the fiercely independent woman I am today because he needed to be sure I would be able to protect myself whenever he is not around to do so. He keeps me stay grounded and motivated, and he will always come through for me in the moments I need him. I know my dad will always, in some way, be in my corner. I know that I would have never gotten here without him. Regardless of years passing, my dad will always provide the best advice, be my best judge of character and be my best friend.

I know you're reading this, Daddy and I want to say this: Thank you for being you.

Thank you for believing in me, even when I didn’t believe in myself. Thank you for always helping me to mend my broken heart and teaching me not to sweat the small stuff. Thank you for talking me down whenever I suffered a self-induced psychological breakdown over exams or some other stress. Thank you for always challenging me, even if I didn’t appreciate it at the time. Thank you for every text and email you’ve sent to check in on me. Thank you for bringing so much humour into my life, always making sacrifices for me, Sissy and Mommy and all the little things you do for us every day that often go unnoticed. Thank you for always reminding me I am a strong, capable and intelligent woman, and someone you are proud to call your daughter. Thank you for your patience and for loving me, relentlessly, even during the times I made it hard for you to do so.

Most of all, thank you for being my father in the way only you can. Please remember that no matter what, I will, in some way, always be your little girl. I love you, Daddy ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment