Tuesday, August 30, 2016

59th Merdeka Eve (It is not midnight just yet. LOL)

 

Hi!

I am having a blast week, staying here, looking out to the view of this iconic building in Kuala Lumpur, just enjoying life with my family. Alhamdulillah, God is giving me the ups now, and I am hoping that the downs that happen in the future won't be so, down low?

It is currently 10.38pm, Tuesday, August 30th. Merdeka eve. Malaysia's Independence Day falls on August 31st, so it means that we have like less than two hours for the Merdeka celebration i.e. the fireworks!

My room is located right in front of the twin towers but I am not sure whether the fireworks can be seen from this window. We went to KLCC Park this evening and happened to see that the place for fireworks stand is too far away from our view. Well, fingers cross that I can see the fireworks from my room! *cries*

So what I did today was...

I had brunch with my family. In-room dining. We had Malaysian cuisine; Chicken Rice & Nasi Lemak. Indulged with some Belgian Chocolate ice cream from Haagen-Dazs. Went back to bed (LOL!) because I had a massive headache.

Woke up at 3.30pm, put on my swimsuit and went to the pool with my sister for an evening dip. Did some laps, backflips and what-not, sunbathing and read our book by the pool and just lounging around. Went back to our room, get changed, had evening snack and went out for a walk in the park. Did some shopping in KLCC, coffee time with my family and went back to our room and voila! Here I am!

There are so many people in KLCC at this moment, everybody is waiting for fireworks to ignite and light the sky with colours and smokes. KL city is going to be loud and full with merry throngs tonight!

Enjoy your merdeka eve and be safe, everybody! Happy 59th Independence Day, Malaysia. We love you.

P/s: I am going to post a blog about being "independent" soon :) Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment