Sunday, October 15, 2017

"I have to start blogging again."

Yup, that is what I was telling everybody around me recently. I need to start blogging again. I missed how my fingers typing fast words and thoughts and ideas all from my brain. I missed the fact that blogging is actually one of favourite things to do other than reading, traveling and also hanging out with my beloved ones.

So I have to start blogging again. Says me.

I know that I have been away for quite so long. I may be rusty in putting into words, and also my fingers may be quite stiff. But that does not stop me from killing the passion to write.

Enough with my usual rants, you must be missing me so much. LOL. Let's start with some updates since the last I left this blog on November 2016. What is new...

On January, nothing much. My office moved from Damansara to Damansara (LOL!) and it took only a few days in a week to settle down with table/furniture arrangements and everything. I was pretty tied up from morning til late in the evening but at least I was being productive, and busy.

Other than that, I was busy preparing some stuff and my then-boyfriend-now-fiancé proposed to me and he sent his family for a "merisik" dinner to get along with my family and his. It was overwhelming the fact I have never introduced my parents to any of my "current boyfriend"'s family. Like never, so I was not so sure what I was doing at the time. The fact that we were sitting down at the dining hall, having dinner together; my parents, his parents, my sibling and his siblings. It was surreal. I just thought it was an usual meet up or one of parties we usually held for our closest ones but nope, this is different. This was some get-to-know, union between two families kind of stuff. The date was January 7th, 2017. 7117. Pretty cool, huh?

In February, my family and I was busy with the engagement ceremony preparation. Yes, I got engaged on February 18th, 2017, Alhamdulillah. It was held at my home. The ceremony was so simple yet beautiful. Celebrated with just the closest ones. Families, relatives and closest friends. I will write a blog specifically about my engagement ceremony in another post. Hihi.

March, April, May, June... I was just busy living my life. Woke up at 6am, work out at 6.30am til 8am in the morning. Breakfast until 9am. Get ready for work and off to work. Busy with workloads until 7pm. Back at home almost 8pm. Order Foodpanda for dinner. Watch Scandal series until 11pm. Sleep. And that is my cycle, every single day during weekdays. For weekends, weddings, guys. Weddings everywhere. LOL! Also, busy with my wedding reception preparation.

So, in July. My family decided to have a short break from hustle and bustle of Kuala Lumpur and also just a short getaway to spend time together as a family from handling my wedding. This wedding preparation, I have to be honest, it is kind of overwhelming for everybody and it is tiring with clashing of ideas about it but when we get to agree on something (like, finally!), I know we are okay. As long as we are on the right track and we are not behind the schedule, we are okay. Trust me, guys, wedding is not just about the hall, the food and the decoration parts, it is more than that. All to the small details. It is quite fun and refreshing but such an exhausting process. I am enjoying it though!

We went to Sydney last July, for 10 days and oh boy, the getaway was amazing. Sydney treated us well, the food was nice, the place was superb, we did a lot of walking and it was winter, so we did not feel tired. Did some shopping for the wedding, the hantaran and some gifts for my bridesmaids and myself. Sydney is a really nice place to be and perhaps to stay in the future (I hope) and I will be back during the summer to swim in the Bondi Icerberg pool. I was there but it was so cold that I decided not to jump in the water. Too bad!

August. I had a meeting with my bridesmaids. Bridesmaids kit were given to all nine of them. We had a bridesmaids dinner in KLCC, discussing in details about the wedding and what to wear, how and when and who is going to be there at the wedding and so on. So thankful and glad that I have the most supportive girlfriends to help me with the wedding and I know that it will turn perfectly beautiful with them to share this moment with me. Aww, I cry.

September, I was still busy with the paperworks and solemnization and reception and mostly everything. August and September were most probably the busiest months so far.

In October, my fiancé decided to kidnap me and bring me to my girlfriends yesterday (while I was blindfolded) to have my bachelorette beach party. I was terrified at first, because he left me in a sandy place and he ran away, was screaming for his name but he is nowhere to be found. So, I started crying. Yup. I was crying while I was blindfolded. Did not have any idea what is going on then... Yup. I will continue in details about my bachelorette party (with photos) in the next blog post. Soon!

It is good to be back. Typing out my MacBook Air keyboard. I missed this. Thank you to my sister, fiancé and friends who encouraged me to get back to blog and write because they know how enthusiast I am about this. So, thank you for pushing me and thank you for telling me that it is okay to be busy and I will do my best to have this me-time in the morning to blog in my bed, in my comfiest duvet. I can only do this on Sunday, though. LOL!

See you in the next post!



X,
Malina

No comments:

Post a Comment