Monday, April 30, 2018

Officially a Full-time Housewife

- @achievetheimpossible on Instagram


I had a job.

& now I have a new one, a housewife.

And one of million things I did first when I woke up last Friday morning was, I was wide awake at 6am. I was feeling pumped and so excited to spend the day as a housewife and my ambition was to be a housewife my whole life. BUT, that doesn't happen until last week.

I am blessed. 

Some of you might think that, "Girllll, everyone desperately wants a job but you just want to stay at home and do nothing? Nuh-uh. That ain't badass. Get your poop together and work your butt out, girllll."

Umm, first of all. This is my life, so it is entirely up to me what to do and what not to do. I am not living yours, so yeah. Second of all, doesn't mean I am quitting, I am not a badass woman. Doesn't mean I am resigning, I don't have money. Doesn't mean I do not have a job, I am a loser. Doesn't mean I am not working in an office, I do not have a productive life. I could have way more productive things to do than sitting in an air-conditioned room with the sound of people speaking (indistinctly) or phone vibrating against the cubicle tables or keyboard clicking, mouse scrolling through unfitted page in a browser or the sound of someone's flushing down the toilet in the washroom.

All that, I have been there and I was there, experiencing it each and every day and I could say that it gets pretty exhausting. I was a busy idiot rather than a productive human being. Maybe I do not belong in an office or maybe it is just my brain tells me to stop. "This is not you, Malina.". I need more than just that. Life is more meaningful than just this. I need to grow and where I came from, it has entirely outgrown me. I just want something more.

So, I took that big step of resigning and I just need to "defrag" my brain and treat it like how it is supposed to. My brain gets too tired and chillin' at home is just what I need.

I just got married (well, almost 6 months now, but yeah...), so I feel like the need to brush up my "wife" skills. Cleaning, cooking, trying out new recipes, baking, taking care of pets and plants, arranging furnitures, selecting the perfect furnitures for every nook and cranny of the house now that we own our own place and especially to spend sweet time with my husband, also my own time to workout, read, writing, learn new things, etc.

The fact that I really love being productive but in a more relaxing kind of way, housewife would be a perfect job for me (for now). I am not planning to be a housewife forever, but, just enough time for me to defrag before taking my next step.

The idea of having more time with writing and reading, that's what excite me the most. Away from people, just me spending time at home while my husband is out working his heart out for his little family, cooking when he gets back from work are just what I want. My husband and I are learning/focusing on being a better partner (of course, a better human being too, at the same time) before we proceed to be parents.

Different people craves different things. Different people have different kind of rezeki. You have your own, we have ours and we believe our plans at the moment really works out for us and Alhamdulillah, God eases it all. 

Being a full time housewife is what I always wanted to be and needed to be. I really enjoy cleaning the house and cooking, well you know, just be a housewife. Not for long, inshaAllah, Allah has the best plan for me and I know what I have now is the best. Alhamdulillah.

Let's see what awaits tomorrow x


Love,
Malina A.

4 comments:

  1. Take your time my darling daughter...learning something new everyday, cooking, cleaning and many things more...you will find it interesting...love from your mummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mel! How are you? :) Ni Kak Adilah, your ex-roommate @ HB3 hostel MMU Cyberjaya! (I hope you still remember me lah or else.. it's fine huhu). Kak Adilah recently terpaksa bukak laptop zaman study since company laptop dah officially crashed..and surprisingly, found your blog (yes I did bookmarked your blog long time ago hahah) and so happy to know that your life is fabulous as always :) Hope it's not too late to wish you..happy marriage! Have a nice day Mel. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kak Dila! Of course I do remember you! How are you? Thank you for still reading my blog, superbly appreciate your support! Thank you thank you, ameen. Alhamdulillah. Have a great day to you too!

      Delete