Friday, August 31, 2012

55th Independence Day


Selamat menyambut Hari Kemerdekaan Malaysia yang ke-55! Hari Kemerdekaan is not the same as Malaysia's birthday, you know. I mean, not supposed to be the same since Malaysia was formed in September 16, 1963. So technically, Malaysia's birthday is in 2 weeks more and it's the 49th birthday. But as I said earlier, Independence Day is NOT the same as "The" birthday. Get it right, people! Jangan nak confident wish "Happy 55th birthday, Malaysia!". Sejarah anda, D ke masa SPM? -.-"

Well well, Assalamualaikum! Kenapa I letak gambar candle sedangkan I bebel pasal merdeka? Now, I owe you a story. As I was busy reading my Sparks' Safe Haven novel on the couch in my living room and Mommy was busy watching TV, and everyone in Malaysia sibuk nak celebrate for Malaysia's Hari Merdeka, or on Twitter's trending of #Merdeka55. I was so tired since I drove back all the way from Cyberjaya and singgah Taman Melati to buy makanan and lalu MRR2. Ya Allah, jalan punyalah jam. Been stucked in MRR2 since 5.30pm til 7pm. All the way from Melati to Ampang. Phew. So Mr Sparks' was with me all night to keep me company and to rejuvenate myself.

Thirsty, so I went to the kitchen to sip a glass of rootbeer, masa nak tuang tu, 12 midnight, SHARP, *POOF*! Lights were off. And dengan tangan kanan tengah pegang botol rootbeer untuk tuang air and tangan kiri tengah pegang glass, I was like, "Mommyyyyy....? I cannot see anythinggggg...???". And masa tu baru lah semua jiran were like, "Ahhhhhhhhhh." (Ahhhh as in that frustrated tone, not the excited one -.-) So yeah, I menyambut kemerdekaan dalam kegelapan. Merdeka much huh? Zzz.

I tweeted about it, and turns out that seluruh my neighbourhood blacked out. So as I was lighting up 9 candles around my house, I heard those fireworks cracking up in the city. That 10-minute of bunyi fireworks yang samar-samar and I can only hear the sound of crickets and that annoying mosquitoes! Well, that was not even an unfamiliar event since I've always had this "candle-thing-around-my-house" every Earth Hour. So I'm used to it already. Its just that, that's how I celebrate Independence Day. Awesome aye? :D

That's all and pesanan khidmat masyarakat oleh saya, selaku pengurus blog ini (Mengadeww leww iteww niewww :P), ingin mengucapkan, SELAMAT MENYAMBUT HARI KEMERDEKAAN MALAYSIA YANG KE-55. Semoga seluruh rakyat Malaysia faham dengan erti kemerdekaan with that spirit of patriotism and jangan jadi rakyat yang hanya merdeka pada nama negara bukan pada diri sendiri. Merdeka dengan ilmu di dada and merdeka dengan jati diri. I love you Malaysia and yes, I am proud to be Malaysian :)


Malina Azman, x

No comments:

Post a Comment